Monday 20 October 2008

And I DID IT

This weekend , i made myself proud. I completed my KNitting project!!! Yippee.. now that is a change from usual. and it was about time.. as i dont think Maya would be able to get more than a couple of use from that. It does seem a bit tight for her and short too :((

But well at least I completed it and that is still commendable , with my reputation of incomplete projects and getting bored midway. I also did "Karanji" for the first ever time.. so my Diwali faral is done., You just need the right motivation to get things done isn't it. Before Maya arrived, i would not have strived so hard to get an authentic diwali feeling in London. I would have lighted diyas and did the special prayer, but it would have been just that. But this year, i actually made faral - rather shankarpali's and karanji's . I have got some metallic candles, and i am going to try and paint some Indian motifs on them so that they can go as Diyas.. I haven't been able to get the original Clay diyas around .. lack of energy to go hunting for them is more like it

Sparklers ready, diyas sorted out, faral done, Rangoli stuff at hand.. I think this diwali, Maya is going to get the real deal!

Now next step is frustration management!! . a bit of help from the better half can help me achieve this as well!

No comments: