Friday 31 July 2009

Insight on life from a toddler perspective

Being a mum to a 32 month old is a source of entertainment to say the least. She probably is the biggest multitasking girl i have ever met - watching telly, playing with friend, screaming for milk or sweeties, kicking a ball and running away from the plate of food mum is trying to feed all at the same time does take practice. But then when she does that with her friend (senior to her by a whole 5 months!!!)) following her or teaching her a few more tricks astounds me!

The conversations they have while role playing is hilarious and amazes me into how much they soak the things happening around them.

Yesterady, they decided to play mummy and baby ( roles were getting interchanged every 10 min!) under the dining table and below is the conversation between MC (32 month) and MN (37 months) which i was able to enjoy while continuing with my chores

MC (with a geniun concern look)- Are you happy MN ?
MN : Yes I am .
MC ( after a few more seconds) : Are you happy MN ?
MN : Yes I am .
MC (mum always said ask if you are not sure)- Are you happy MN ?
MN ( with amazing patience) : Yes I am MC
MC (pauses for a few seconds, ) : Are you happy MN?
MN : MC !!! Why are you asking that question?? It is not (struggles to say it) APPROPPPPPPRIATE !!! Do stop "BOTHERING" me

For a min I do a double take to hear the word from her .. but then smiling to myself, decide not to intervene and see what happens next. I was not disappointed!

MC (trying to figure out what in the hell does that long word mean!!!) : OK . ( another 5 seconds goes and she comes up with ) . SO ARE You CROSS MN???

MN gives up!!

1 comment:

Photographer Pappu!!! said...

he he .. nice one!!! Dint know u had a blog too :)